Join me at Writers United this Wednesday, December 4th.
I’m hosting Writers United this Wednesday night from 6- 8 p.m. and hope you will join me.
We have special guests this month:
- Tiffany White of Writers Untapped will be offering free query critiques or offer feedback on the first 5 pages of a story for you
- Whitney Terrell of UMKC will be at the industry insiders table answering all questions MFA related. Whitney also has an extensive publication history as well as a podcast, so feel free to pick his brain on all things writing related.
As always we’ll have several tables set up for you to work at: Free Write/Prompt, Feedback, Connect, & Quiet table.
If you want feedback, print a copy or two of your work so you can swap with another writer. Otherwise just bring a pen and paper or your computer if you’d like to get some work done..
I hope to see you in the Carmack Room of The Jo. Co. Central Resource Library, 9875 W. 87th St., Overland Park, KS 66212 on Wednesday from 6 p.m.- 8 p.m.
Please help us get the word out to as many Kansas City writers as you can. Feel free to share or post this email to help us find more writers!
There’s one spot left in my next Group Authorpreneurship Coaching Class
- Have a complete manuscript that you want help polishing
- Intend to seek traditional publication or query agents
- And want a support system made up of other writers as passionate and committed to writing as you, Group Authorpreneurship Coaching may be a good fit for you.
Over 16 weeks we cover industry basics like: querying agents and publishers, beta reader and critique partner etiquette, the author/agent relationship, author websites, and more.
Every author in the class agrees to beta read for at least one other author, which allows you to sharpen your critique skills and get objective feedback on your manuscript by the end of the session.
Class begins January 10th, 2020. Applications close December 31st, 2019.
Did you know? Lenexa has a monthly poetry slam on the 3rd Thursday of every month.
The list for the slam drops at 5:45 with the open mic starting at 6 p.m. The next slam is Thursday, December 19th at the Lenexa City Hall, 17101 W. 87th St. Pkwy. Free Admission and a $50 prize for the winner.
I haven’t made it out to one yet. If you go please let me know what you think. I’d love to hear if you enjoyed the experience.