What happens next?
- You book an initial exploratory call through the Contact form.
- I’ll contact you to learn about your writing and career goals. We’ll review coaching packages and choose the best plan for your career. I email a preliminary interests checklist, and we set your first week’s goals.
- You return a signed contract and pay a 50% deposit.
- Coaching formally begins.
How do weekly coaching sessions work?
- We have a phone call or video chat, same day, same time each week. You are free to ask about any aspect of your writing career from craft to technical questions to business structure set up. I provide direction, information, and resources as applicable to your specific situation. Calls begin with status updates on last week’s goals and end with setting next week’s goals.
- For email follow-up between deadlines, I respond by 8 p.m. CST the next business day.
- Pages for edit are due at the time of our weekly call. Edits are returned to you the day prior to our deadline, so you have time to review them, and we can discuss on our coaching call if needed. (i.e. We have a call Wednesdays at 3 p.m. Your pages are due to me each Wednesday at 3 p.m. I will have them edited and returned to you by the end of business on the next Tuesday.)
How do the page counts for edits work each week?
If you want to submit fewer pages than the page limit for any given deadline, that’s fine. Any pages up to the limit that you “do not use” cannot be carried over into the next deadline. For each deadline, the page count is reset.
You have the option of purchasing extra pages for each deadline. You can do this on an as-needed basis.
How does “pushing a deadline” work?
Notify me as soon as possible to let me know if you will be unable to make a deadline. We will skip our weekly meeting and pick up the next week.
All deadlines expire on the date specified on your contract. (i.e. at 2 months, 4 months, or 9 months) Unused deadlines cannot be recouped or applied to a later program.
How do “goal achievement credits” work?
Each week you meet both of your goals I credit your account $5, $10, or $20 depending upon your package. At the end of our time working together you can redeem the credit for additional editorial services with me.
What happens if I don’t meet my weekly goals?
You lose all of your accrued goal achievement credits. The balance resets to zero, and you begin accruing credits again with the next deadline.
Do you have references?
Yes. Many clients have provided testimonials for your review.
Do you provide sample edits?
Yes. To request a sample edit:
- E-mail jessica [at] jessicaconoley.com – In the body of the email provide: genre, title, project’s total word count. Advise you are interested in authorpreneurial coaching and would like a sample edit.
- Attach up to 1,000 words as .doc or .docx file, in standard manuscript formatting.
How much do your coaching services cost?
- Deep Dive package – 28 deadlines – $225/deadline
- Sure & Steady package – 12 deadlines – $200/deadline
- Jump Start package – 6 deadlines – $175/deadline
- Stand alone consult calls – $125/hour.
What payment methods do you use?
- Check payable to: Lelsh, LLC and mailed to the address on your invoice.
- Paypal https://www.paypal.me/JessicaConoley
- Credit card or bank draft via your emailed invoice from WavesApp
- Gift card
Do you offer discounts?
- A 10% discount is available to clients who pay their packages in full up front.