Group Authorpreneurship Coaching
Accepting Applications for Spring 2022 Session via the TCA website
Group coaching sessions demystify & simplify the business side of publishing. You will build a writer support system, can receive feedback on your MS, & receive personalized guidance to the next step in your writing career.
- Classes are small (3-6 authors) ensuring you get plenty of personalized feedback.
- Sessions are conducted online via Teachable, allowing flexibility around your schedule–regardless of your time zone.
- Everyone is coached openly, allowing you to learn from what your fellow writers are going through.
- 16 weekly lessons are tailored to the needs of the group. Previous classes have covered: Author Websites, Beta Readers, publicity & speaking engagements, revision process, small press publication-benefits and potential red flags, Querying & working with Agents, & more.
- Every author agrees to beta read at least one full MS over the course of the session. Don’t have a full MS yet? That’s okay! Past clients confirm beta reading for others strengthens their own writing.
Agent Offer Coaching
Many authors go into an agent offer call nervous because they don’t want to “mess up” the chance for representation. Agent offer coaching prepares you for this career changing call. Together we: clarify what you want for your career and what that looks like in a working relationship with an agent. Based on your writing wants and needs we compile a list of questions you can, and should, ask of your potential agent. Leave coaching with tools to determine if this agent offer is the best fit for you.
- One hour Zoom coaching prior to your agent call. We will: clarify your needs & wants from an agent, cover how to solicit counter offers, and compile a detailed list of questions for the call.
- Follow up email/text coaching through agent deliberation period, including discussion of agent contract concerns.
- If you find yourself with multiple offers, a second one-hour Zoom coaching session to weigh the pros & cons of each agent & their agencies contract.
Could you benefit from weekly edits as you write your novel? Would external accountability help you finish that latest revision? Are you overwhelmed by publishers’ expectations for you to market your book, maintain an author website, and build a social media platform on top of writing?
I understand, and I can help. Together we will build a coaching plan that addresses both your author and entrepreneur goals. One deadline at a time we’ll get you to the next level of your writing career.