Jessica Conoley is an author, editor, speaker, and Authorpreneurship coach. She writes YA and fantasy novels, creative non-fiction, flash fiction, and essays. Her creative non-fiction piece “I Am Descended From Giants” was awarded 1st place honors by the Bacopa Literary Review. From 2011 to 2017, Jessica served on the executive board of Whispering Prairie Press—a non-profit dedicated to art and literature. In 2012 she became the Managing Editor of Kansas City Voices arts and literary magazine and spent the next five years publishing emerging artists and writers. She launched her Authorpreneurship coaching program in 2018 and utilizes her editorial and business skills to prepare authors for the next step of their publishing careers. Learn more at: https://jessicaconoley.com/
9 Fun Facts About Jessica Conoley
- When Jessica was 14 she got her first job, working at a piano store teaching basic music theory to new students.
- Jessica’s favorite movie is Philadelphia Story with Jimmy Stewart, Katherine Hepburn, and Cary Grant. She watches it at least once a year and has seen it on the big screen twice.
- Jessica lives in a suburb of Kansas City with her best friend and two cats. She met her best friend in 8th grade English class, where they watched Audrey Hepburn’s Wait Until Dark for a lesson about foreshadowing.
- Jessica’s brother always made her play Princess Leia when they were little. She still resents him for it because she had blonde hair (at that time) and Princess Leia clearly had brown hair.
- Wallpaper is Jessica’s arch nemesis. She feels her duty in life is to eliminate it from all homes—she adores stripping wallpaper and is very efficient at the process.
- Jessica hates pizza and loves lemon desserts.
- Cynthia Voigt’s Homecoming is the book that changed her life. She has had the same copy since elementary school and re-reads the book every few years.
- In 4th grade, Jessica’s teacher, Mrs. Unruh, gave her a black journal. Jessica spent the year writing atrocious rhymed stanzas. She still has the book.
- Jessica gets a lot of writing done on airplanes. The key to her success is massive don’t-talk-to-me headphones.
Instagram @jessicaconoley: https://www.instagram.com/jessicaconoley/
Twitter @jaconoley: https://twitter.com/jaconoley
Publicity & Rights Contacts
For print inquiries, film, TV, and foreign rights:
Lucy Cleland at Kneerim & Williams
For media and appearances:
jessica [at] jessicaconoley.com
Download Author Photos