KC Writes Interview-Jason Preu
If you ever have the chance to see Jason Preu read live GO. You won’t regret it. The way you look at writers and readings will be forever changed. His mad skills with words and captivating stage presence are just a few of the reasons why I wanted to sit down with Jason for the latest KC Writes Interview. As always our meeting was fun and insightful as we covered:
- Reading and writing on the sly as a kid.
- Why it took him over 5 years to finish reading Stephen King’s IT
- How he can make puzzles out of short form works.
- The ways time is strange when you’re involved in the writing world.
- The straight up truth about publishing being a pain the ass, and why he never thinks about the publishing part
- I flipped the standard gender roles question to find out how he balances work and family with a creative existence
- Why consuming creative works is a form of writing.
- How his Charlotte Street residency shaped his writing over the last year.
- The art of collaboration.
Listen to our whole interview at: https://www.podomatic.com/podcasts/jessica-conoley/
And our string of female KC Creatives to keep our eye on continues. Jason’s picks are: writer/poet/producer extordinnaire Jeanette Powers, local ceramicist Sweet Destructor, and fragrance magician Sarah Preu of the Wildwash Soap Company