What happens next?
- I’ll reach out with a few questions about your project, guidelines for standard manuscript format and preferred file types.
- You e-mail me the manuscript.
- I e-mail you the contract, an invoice, and an estimated completion date on your edit.
- You pay a 50% deposit.
- Upon receipt of deposit, edits begin. All annotations are made utilizing the MS Word track changes function.
- You receive 50% of your edited pages with your final invoice.
- Upon receipt of final payment, I email the complete edit to you.
- If a phone consult was purchased as part of your package, we schedule a time for your call or Zoom session. Calls must occur within two weeks of MS delivery date. Calls outside the US are handled via WhatsApp.
Do you have references?
Yes. Many clients have provided testimonials for your review.
Do you provide sample critiques?
Yes. I will provide a sample critique of up to 1,000 words. If I’m a good editorial match for you, and you’d like to move forward we proceed as outlined under “what happens next.”
What if I have questions after reviewing my edits?
- I answer questions about edits via email for two business days after your MS is returned.
- We can speak via phone or Zoom within two weeks of your MS delivery date. Additional phone consults are billed at the rate of $25 per 15 minutes.
I’m looking for a final proofread and/or copy edit. Can you help with that?
- No. I specialize in a hybrid of developmental and line edits; which allows me to utilize both my coaching and editorial skills for each author. I enjoy helping in the earlier stages of a project and focusing on the big picture of a story. If you are already content with your plot, pacing, world-building, and character development, I’m not the right editor for you.
What payment methods do you use?
- Check payable to: Lelsh, LLC and mailed to the address on your invoice.
- Paypal https://www.paypal.me/JessicaConoley
- Venmo @Jessica-Conoley
- Credit card or bank draft via your emailed invoice from WavesApp
Do you have to bill me in two payments?
- No. You can pay in full up front if you prefer. Clients with smaller projects often opt for a one-payment option.
Do you offer discounts?
- For every person you refer that books a service with me, I will give you 10% off your next editorial service.